(28) * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Representation of images of flat and spatial objects by a set of ellipsoids
A.G. Khramov1,2 A.O. Korepanov1,2
1Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS
2Samara State Aerospace University named after academician S.P. Korolev
PDF, 117 kB
The paper considers an approach to the analysis of the geometric characteristics of two- and three-dimensional images based on the representation of the latter by a set of geometric primitives – ellipsoids. The main characteristics of ellipsoids in n-dimensional affine space are considered, the operation of adding ellipsoids and their weighted sum are determined.
ellipsoid, two- and three-dimensional image, affine space are.
Khramov AG, Korepanov AO. Representation of images of flat and spatial objects by a set of ellipsoids. Computer Optics 2005; 28: 94-99.
- Vinberg EB. A course in algebra. Providence, Rhode Island: American Mathematical Society; 2003.
- Kostrikin AE. Introduction to algebra. New York: Springer-Verlag; 1982.
- Lange MM, Ganebnykh SN. Tree-like data structures for effective recognition of 2-D solids. IEEE Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR- 2004) 2004; 1: 592-595.
- Voss K, Suesse H. Invariant fitting of planar objects by primitives. IEEE Proceedings of the International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR-1996) 1996: 508-512.
- Soifer VA, Khramov AG, Korepanov AO. Fuzzy direction field method for fringe and tree-like patterns analysis. IEEE Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR-2004) 2004; 2: 779-782. DOI: 10.1109/ICPR.2004.1334374.
- Soifer VA, Kotlyar VV, Khonina SN, Khramov AG. The method of the directional field in the interpretation and recognition of the images with structure redundancy. Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis 1996; 6(4): 710-724.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20