Multi-threaded technology in numerical simulation OF LASER BEAMS propagation IN A SELF-ACTION conditions
I.L. Plastun, A.G. Misurin
Full text of article: Russian language.
On the basis of spatio-temporal numerical model of the frequency - modulated cw laser beam propagating in resonance self-action conditions the performance of various parallel computing technologies: CUDA, OpenCL, GLSL, OpenMP was compared. It is shown that the numerical scheme based on the method of splitting and decomposition of Gauss-Laguerre modes, gives the highest performance on the basis of the use of programming technique GLSL, realized on the video card ATI Radeon HD4890 from AMD, which is 3 times the speed of calculations of the same problem based on the CUDA technology to NVidia video card..
resonance self-action, laser beam propagation, frequency modulation, method of splitting, decomposition of Gauss-Laguerre modes, parallel computing, CUDA, OpenCL, GLSL, NVidia, ATI
- Karamzin, Y.N. Mathematical modeling in nonlinear optics / Y.N. Karamzin, A.P. Sukhorukov, V.A. Trofimov. – Moscow, Moscow State University Publisher, 1989. –156 p. – (In Russian)
- Sanders, J. CUDA by Example. An Introduction to General-Purpose GPU Programming / J. Sanders, E. Kandrot -Addison-Wesley Professional, 2010. – 312 p.
- Izotov, P.Y. Technology of implementation of neural network algorithm in CUDA environment at the example of handwritten digits recognition / P.Y. Izotov, S.V. Sukhanov, D.L. Golovashkin // Computer Optics. – 2010. – V. 34, N 2. – P. 243-251. – (In Russian).
- Alekseev, V.A. Vectorization of the beam propagation method using CUDA technology / V.A. Alekseev, D.L. Golovashkin // Computer Optics. – 2010. – V. 34, N 2. –P. 225-230. – (In Russian).
- Plastun, I.L. Investigation of the nonstationary coherent effects and resonant self-action influence on the characteristics of a frequency-modulated laser beam / I.L. Plastun, V.L. Derbov // Computer Optics. – 2009. – V.33, N 3. – P. 233-239. – (In Russian).
- Shen, Y.R. The principles of nonlinear optics / Y.R. Shen. – N.Y.: A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley&Sons, Inc., 1984.
- Plastun, I.L. Observation of optical frequency division in medium with saturable absorption and dispersion/ I.L. Plastun, A.G. Misurin // Computer Optics. – 2010. – V. 34, N 3. – P. 292-296. – (In Russian)
- Marchuk, G.I. Methods of Computational Mathematics / G.I. Marchuk. – Moscow: Nauka Publisher, 1989. – 608 p. – (In Russian).
- Karimi, K. A Performance Comparison of CUDA and OpenCL / K. Karimi, N.G. Dickson, F. Hamze. – D-Wave Systems Inc. 100-4401 Still Creek Drive Burnaby, British Columbia Canada, 2011. – 10 p.
- Vorobiev A., Berillo A. 3D-accelerator from AMD:ATI RADEON HD 4890 1024MB / A. Vorobiev, A. Berillo // IXBT [site]. . URL: www.ixbt.com/video3/rv790.shtml (verified at: 10.06.2012).
- NVidia Quadro SDI // NVidia . URL: http://www.nvidia.ru/page/qfx_4000sdi_techspec.html (verified at: 10.06.2012).
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; E-mail: email@example.com; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20