(46-2) 07 * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Designing an ultra-wide-angle microlens for a capsule medical endoscope
G.I. Greisukh 1, I.A. Levin 2, S.V. Kazin 1
1 Penza State University of Architecture and Construction,
440028, Russia, Penza, Germana Titova, 28,
2 PJSC "Krasnogorsky Zavod "143400, Russia, Krasnogorsk, Rechnaya, 8
PDF, 742 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
Requirements for the optical tract of a capsule medical endoscopic system with a frontal location of the object under research are summarized. It is shown that the optical layout of a microlens built from easy-to-fabricate modern plastics not only allows satisfying generalized requirements, but also opens up the possibility of obtaining a significantly higher-quality image in simple-design lenses compared with well-known analogs. This is confirmed by the presented results of calculating a microlens with a relative aperture of 1: 2.4 and an angular field of view of 2*(omega)=170°, which forms an image with a diameter of 2.7 mm with a resolution of at least 188 mm-1, and a contrast of 0.5.
capsule endoscope, ultra-wide-angle microlens, composition of optical scheme, optical performance.
Greisukh GI, Levin IA, Kazin SV. Designing an ultra-wide-angle microlens for a capsule medical endoscope. Computer Optics 2022; 46(2): 219-223. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-CO-935.
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation (Project No. 20-19-00081).
- Li Z, Liao Z, McAlindon M, eds. Handbook of capsule endoscopy. Dordrecht: Springer; 2014. ISBN: 978-94-017-9228-8.
- Basar MR, Malek F, Juni KM, Idris SM, Saleh IM. ingestible wireless capsule technology: A review of development and future indication. Int J Antennas Propag 2012; 2012: 807165. DOI: 10.1155/2012/807165.
- Tang L, Hu C, Xie K, Cheng C, Liu Z. Optimized design of Capsule endoscopy lens based on Zemax. IEEE Int Conf on Information and Automation 2011: 57-62. DOI: 10.1109/ICINFA.2011.5948963.
- Schaub MP. The design of plastic optical systems. Bellingham: SPIE Press; 2009.
- Baumer S, ed. Handbook of plastic optics. Weinheim: WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co KGaA; 2005.
- Mitsubishi gas chemical. Source: <http://www.mgc.co.jp/eng/products>.
- Helander HF, Fändriks L. Surface area of the digestive tract – revisited. Scand J Gastroenterol 2014; 49(6): 681-689. DOI: 10.3109/00365521.2014.898326.
- Yamamoto R. Imaging lens and capsule endoscope. Patent Japan of Invent N5172490 of March 27, 2013.
- Baba T. Imaging lens system and capsule endoscope. Patent USA of Invent N7796342 of September 14, 2014.
- Han P, Tseng YC, Tsai CM. Wide field of view lens design with uniform image illumination in capsule endoscope system. Microsyst Technol 2021; 27(4): 1115-1122. DOI: 10.1007/s00542-018-4104-y.
- Ou-Yang M, Jeng WD. Design and analysis of radial imaging capsule endoscope (RICE) system. Opt Express 2011; 19(5): 4369-4383. DOI: 10.1364/OE.19.004369.
- Matsuzawa H, Yokoi T, Orihara T, Konno M. Capsule type endoscope. Patent USA of Invent N7153259 December 26, 2006.
- Olympus Endoscope Overview. 2020. Source: <http://www.olympus-europa.com/medical/rmt/media/en/Content/Content-MSD/Documents/Brochures/ENDOSCOPE-OVERVIEW-2017-2018.pdf>.
- OmniVision OV8856. Source: <http://www.ovt.com/sensors/OV8856>.
- Greisukh GI, Ezhov EG, Kazin SV, Stepanov SA. Response of a matrix photodetector into components of an optical signal with different spatial frequencies. Quantum Electron 2017; 47(1): 71-74. DOI: 10.1070/QEL16256.
- Greisukh GI, Levin IA, Kasin SV. Active athermalization of dual-infrared zoom lenses. Computer Optics 2020; 44(6): 931-936. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-CO-775.
- ZEMAX: Optical, illumination, and laser system design software. Source: <http://www.zemax.com/products/opticstudio>.
- Chen L, Yuan Q, Ye J, Xu N, Cao X, Gao Zh. Design of a compact dual-view endoscope based on a hybrid lens with annularly stitched aspheres. Opt Commun 2019; 453: 124346. DOI: 10.1016/j.optcom.2019.124346.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20