(44-2) 08 * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Influence of a synthesis method of hologram projectors and phase distribution
in the object plane on the quality of the reconstructed image
S.N. Koreshev 1, D.S. Smorodinov 1, S.O. Starovoitov 1
1 St. Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics,
St. Petersburg, Russia
PDF, 988 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
The paper presents results of research into the influence of the hologram synthesis method, as well as the phase distribution in the object plane used to describe the object wave, on the quality of the reconstructed image. Using numerical experiments, we synthesized hologram-projectors of two-dimensional amplitude binary transparencies, which present photomasks intended for the im-plementation of a holographic photolithography method. Two methods of hologram synthesis were considered: a method based on the Huygens principle and a method of look-up tables. It is estab-lished that the modified method of look-up tables allows generating holograms characterized by a higher quality of the reconstructed image. The effect of phase mask insertion in the wave illumi-nating the object on the quality of the reconstructed image is also demonstrated.
hologram synthesis, method of synthesis, Huygens method, phase distribution, holographic photolithography, look-up tables.
Koreshev SN, Smorodinov DS, Starovoitov S.O. Influence of a synthesis method of hologram projectors and phase distribution in the object plane on the quality of the reconstructed image. Computer Optics 2020; 44(2): 202-208. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-CO-613.
- Tsang PWM, Poon T-C, Wu UM. Review of fast methods for point-based computer-generated holography. Photonics Research 2018; 6(9): 837-846.
- Koreshev SN, Smorodinov DS, Nikanorov OV. Imaging properties of discrete holograms. II. How structural modification of the holoram and a high spatial carrier frequency of the hologram structure that exceeds the Nyquist frequency affects the image reconstruction. J Opt Technol 2014; 81(4): 204-208.
- Koreshev SN, Smorodinov DS, Frolova MA. Method for increasing the depth of field of images of flat transparencies reconstructed using synthesized holograms. J Opt Technol 2018; 85(11): 696-702.
- Yaroslavsky LP, Merzlyakov NS. Methods of digital holography [In Russian]. Moscow: "Nauka" Publisher; 1977.
- Lohmann AW, Paris DP. Binary Fraunhofer holograms, generated by computer. J Opt Soc Am 1967; 6(4): 1739-1748.
- Koreshev SN, Nikanorov OV, Ivanov YuA, Kozulin IA. Program system for synthesis and digital reconstruction of holograms-projectors: synthesis parameters effect on image reconstruction quality. J Opt Technol 2010; 77(1): 33-37.
- Kim S, Kim E. Effective generation of digital holograms of three-dimensional objects using a novel look-up table method. Appl Opt 2008; 47(19): D55-D62.
- Kim S, Kim E. Fast computation of hologram patterns of a 3D object using run-length encoding and novel look-up table methods. Appl Opt 2009; 48(6): 1030-1041.
- Shimobaba T, Nakayama H, Masuda N, Ito T. Rapid calculation algorithm of Fresnel computer-generated hologram using look-up table and wavefront-recording plane methods for three-dimensional display. Opt Express 2010; 18(19): 19504-19509.
- Lucente ME. Interactive computation of holograms using a look-up table. J Electronic Imaging 1993; 2(1): 28-34.
- Koreshev SN, Nikanorov OV, Gromov AD. Method of syntehsizing hologram projectors based on breaking down the structure of an object into typical elements, and a software package for implementing it. J Opt Technol 2012; 79(12): 769-774.
- Koreshev SN, Smorodinov DS, Nikanorov OV. Influence of the discreteness of synthetic and digital holograms on their imaging properties. Computer Optics 2016; 40(6): 793-801. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2016-40-6-793-801.
- Johnson S. Stephen Johnson on digital photography. USA: O'Reilly Media Inc; 2006.
- Ezhova KV. Modeling and image processing [In Russian]. Saint-Petersburg: «NIU ITMO» Publisher; 2011.
- Landsberg GS. Optika [In Russian]. Moscow: «Fizmatlit» Publisher; 2003.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20