(28) * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Nonlinear Schroedinger equation in three spatial variables
I.V. Alimenkov 1
1Samara State Aerospace University named after academician S.P. Korolev
PDF, 117 kB
Smooth analytical solutions are found for the nonlinear Schrödinger equation in the form of solitary waves for the case of three spatial variables. The phenomenon of optical self-focusing is considered.
Schroedinger equation, optical self-focusing.
Alimenkov, IV. Nonlinear Schroedinger equation in three spatial variables. Computer Optics 2005; 28: 55-59.
- Takhtadzhyan LA, Faddeev LD. The Hamiltonian method in the theory of solitons [In Russian]. Moscow: Nauka Publisher, 1986.
- Dodd RK, Morris HC, Eilbeck JC, Gibbon JD. Soliton and nonlinear wave equations. London, New York: Academic Press Inc; 1982.
- Newell AC. Solitons in mathematics and physics. Philadelphia, PA: Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics; 1985.
- Rajaraman R. Solitons and instantons: An introduction to solitons and instantons in quantum field theory. New York: Elsevier Science BV; 1982.
- Stepanov VV. Course of differential equations. Moscow: State Publishing House of Technical and Theoretical Literature; 1953.
- Landau LD, Lifshitz EM. Electrodynamics of continuous media. 2nd ed. Oxford: Pergamon Press Ltd; 1984.
- Alimenkov IV. Exactly solvable mathematical models in nonlinear optics. Computer Optics 2005; 28: 45-54.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20